Golf Tips & Tricks
It does not matter who you are or how old you are, you can easily learn how to play golf. Golf seems difficult to many people, but if you follow a few extremely useful golfing tips and tricks, you too can play one of the most enjoyable games in the world.
1. To have a great golf swing, you need to combine several things first. Your body though, is what provides the real power in the swing. If you can fully understand this, then you can have a powerful swing as well. You need to use your body as the main source of power when you swing, and not your arms, as many golfers do.
2. Focusing on your knees during your swing will maintain the proper power and balance throughout the swing. It happens easily that your knees come closer together while you shift and rotate during the swing. Keeping the distance between your knees consistent while swinging, will generate more power, improve accuracy, and your balance will improve too.
3. It is important to remember that each golf club is designed with a specific loft, and you should not fight it, but use it. Allow the loft of each club to do the work for you. When you hit a golf ball, you have to hit down on it and through it as well, which will allow the club to lift the ball naturally.
4. To find the sweet spot on each of your golf clubs, you need to practice a lot until you manage to strike the golf ball right at the base of your swing’s arc. You will feel a clear difference when you strike the ball in the sweet spot, and it will be noticeable in the distance of your shots as well.
5. Playing out of a sand trap is many a golfer’s worst nightmare. The secret is to aim for the sand in front of the ball, to open the clubface and to go through with the shot. Many golfers stop with the shot as soon as the club makes contact with the sand. The idea is not to get distance, but to pop the ball up in the air and let it fall softly on the green.
6. Improving your score is always a priority in golf and the best way to achieve constant progress is to practice your short game as much as possible. Practice your putting, chipping and pitching the most and you will experience lower scores on a regular basis.
7. It is more accurate to align your feet to check your stance by placing a club across your heels and not your toes, as many golfers do. You will find that your heels are always in line, compared to your toes that often flare, which causes an inaccurate alignment.
8. On the tee box, always tee off with a club that you are more familiar with. Some golfers will hit a three wood because they feel it will be more accurate, but often the three wood is not a club that they hit as often as the driver. If this is you, stick with the driver.
9. Know your golf rules before you go out on the course. The water hazard rule can be tricky, so be certain that you know the difference between the lateral water hazard (red stakes) and the regular water hazard (yellow stakes).
10. Make use of all these golfing tips and tricks, relax when you play, and have fun.