Pressure Cooker Potato Soup
Craving a new recipe to try in your pressure cooker? Try this delicious potato soup recipe! It's super easy and is perfect for a chilly winter day.
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 8 cups)
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 small celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
1. Place first nine ingredients in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high and set time for 15 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer's directions.
2. Select saute setting and adjust for low heat. Mix flour and 1/2 cup cream until smooth; stir into soup. Stir in 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, bacon, cilantro, and remaining cream. Cook and stir until slightly thickened, 6-8 minutes. Serve with remaining cheese.
Tip: Any potatoes will work with this recipe, but russet potatoes hold up best with the heat.
Nutrition Facts for 1 Cup: 289 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 848mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein