Shrimp Scampi with Linguini
This delicious pasta is great for individuals who love pasta and seafood. It's easy to make and it takes about 45 minutes from start to finish.
- 1 pound linguini noodles
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley leaves
1. For the noodles, put a large pot of water on the stove to boil. When it has come to a boil, add a couple of tablespoons of salt and the linguini noodles. Stir the pasta to make sure it separates and then cover the pan. When the water returns to a boil, cook for about 6 to 8 minutes or until the pasta is not quite done. Drain the pasta.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter in 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Saute the shallots, garlic, and red pepper flakes (if you're using) until the shallots are translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper; add them to the pan and cook until they have turned pink, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the shrimp from the pan; set aside and keep warm. Add wine and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Add 2 tablespoons oil. When the butter has melted, return the shrimp to the pan, along with the parsley and cooked pasta. Stir well and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over a bit more olive oil and serve immediately.